Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kansas City



I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
They got a crazy way of loving there
And I'm gonna get me some.

- as sung by Wilbert Harrison, who is from my hometown of Charlotte, NC booooy! I always liked the Beatles version because of the "hey hey hey" part but you know nothing beats the original. Which is usually the case, 100% of the time? Give me an example of a better remake if you do not concur.

So we played at the Record Bar
which is where all our good shows in KC have always been. The people at this place are very nice and get you beers super fast. Plus they feed you, which is rarely not a good thing. I'm in construction now because I built my own pizza and It was the best thing I have ever eaten.

We got there kind of early and the music that was warming up the way older crowd was some shit, man. I don't know. I just don't even feel like explaining it. All I know is that it forced 3/5 of the band to go get in the van and that Paul took video of people dancing. I won't say anymore about that. Hollar, Paul.

The band we played with were called the Architects which I thought was a funny name given that it wasn't math rock. Boom bah! They were fresh off the Warped tour and you could tell. The singer said that all of their songs were about "two things: drugs and going to jail." He didn't say they were his favorite things. I was hoping for "falconry and Russian MIGs" but alas he must have different hobbies than this kid. Or is it "then this kid." David?

After we finished our blazing set we were happy to see our pal Doug from Chicago. This has been quite the rockstar tour as Doug plays in a band that is starting to garner a little attention as well. His band had played earlier and he was kind enough to drop by to bid us a cordial "how-do."
It should be noted that as we were leaving, the guy who pulled a gun on Craig while Craig was asleep in his kitchen (see tour '07) was also one of the friendly bartenders. He introduced himself to us and explained that he may have been drunk that night. Apparently he made it up to "us?" by buying Craig a round and almost all of our merch (see tour '08).

The next day was a 3278 mile drive to Memphis and it was freaking amazing. David was busy downloading Gilmore Girls on his iTouch the whole time so I don't know if he saw much of the drive.

No comments: